202 635 1697 650 Jackson St NE, Washington, DC 20017
The Religious of Mary Immaculate are the continuers of the Charism and Mission of Vicenta Maria in the Church. We were founded as a Religious Congregation on 11th June 1876, Feast of the Holy Trinity.
The option for Jesus Christ as a response to the call is the basis of all our life; and is the sap that penetrates all the aspects of our identity.
The elements of the Charism that form our identity and those that Vicenta Maria received and lived out, since the origin to the Congregation are:
- Love, as a thermometer of our fidelity. Vicenta Maria said that without this love of charity, the Institute could not be built
- The passionate desire for the search and fulfillment of the Will of God
- " Passion " for the youth, for its human maturity, formation, promotion and sanctification
- Obedience - an expression of faith and love for Christ - as a search for the Divine Will through human mediation
- Prayer as union with God and strength for the apostolate
- Union with Mary lived through and in Christ
- Love for the Eucharist as sacrifice, communion and presence; also a means of participating in the life of the Trinity.